AFOI's mission is to provide opportunities for regular and meaningful visitation, referrals to community resources, and vital services that help families cope with incarceration and prepare for release and reunification.
- We believe incarcerated adults and juveniles, and their families, are underserved and are worthy of assistance, respect, and compassion.
- We seek to reduce recidivism by maintaining positive family relationships during incarceration, thereby enhancing public safety.
- We offer our clients a sense of warmth and hospitality during challenging times.
- We value and acknowledge our volunteers as essential to the delivery of our services.
- We build effective relationships with community partners in both the private and public sectors, at the local, state and national levels, to advance our mission.
- We are good stewards of our resources, committed to financial transparency and responsible management practices.
- We bolster the resilience and emotional intelligence among children with incarcerated parents through community-based support programs that reduce trauma and promote empowerment.